Error when installing on DAX image

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Hi,

I've tried to install the Expense Entry on the image of Dynamics AX that's downloadable from Microsoft.  Everything goes just fine, untill I'll start using the application.  When I try to refresh master data from AX, I get the error message 'Unable to create proxy - seeinner exceptions for details'.  In the event log, there is an error message saying that
"

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared Services
Event ID: 6482
Date:  11/7/2008
Time:  7:25:19 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: DYNAMICSVM
Description:
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (4c1f55ae-a561-405e-8857-f8adb8d66c2e).

Reason: Object 821a9e94-b5cb-4274-930f-f6208c5dfe5c not found.

Techinal Support Details:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Object 821a9e94-b5cb-4274-930f-f6208c5dfe5c not found.
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi.get_App()
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchApi.SetUsersPermittedToQuery(String[] userNames, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
"

This doesn't mean anyting for me.  Seems like it's a GUI it doesn't find, but I'm unable to tell which one and why.  I've tried it on different servers, I've followed the installation guide, and I've checked that all services are OK (just browsinig them in IIS).  Can anybody please help me forward with this?  I would like to have this installed on my demo environment to show the customers how it works.

Thanks'
Lars H. S-Jacobsen

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM
Hi There Lars,

The Demonstration Kit VPC you are using has some modifications on EmplTable that are causing this issue. If you go to the "Relations" node, you will see SubPHRReportEmpleProfilesAc, SubPRHReportEmpleProfilesAd, etc, etc...These were added to make some functionality on the VPC work. However, they are not compatible with the proxies that we have generated for EmplTable. You will notice that these relations don't have any actual relationships underneath them.

The easiest thing is to go into the EmplTable in AOT and add a default relationship for each one (for example, EmplTable.EmplId = SubPHRReportEmplProfilesAc.EmplId).

By the way, in setting this snap up on the vpc you refer to, we also noticed that an excel config file prevents the add-in from loading -- perhaps you found this issue already...The Demand Planner application installed in that environment may have placed a file in your excel program files directory (e.g. \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 called Excel.Exe.Config. This config file indicates to use an older version of the .Net framework for add-ins and will prevent the expense add-in from working. If that file is present, you will see the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v9.0, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

You can fix that issue by renaming or removing the Excel.Exe.Config file (which, when renamed or deleted may prevent the Demand Planner add-in from functioning correctly).

I hope this gets you up and running. Please let us know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Tom
Nov 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

There are no such modifications in the image I’m using. In fact, the tables SubPRHReportEmpleProfilesAd etc doesn’t even exist in this image.  Are there different versions of this image around?  Could it be something else that needs to be installed on the image to make the snap work?

Thanks’

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars H. Jacobsen | Senior System Consultant
Columbus IT | Minde Allé 48| NO-5088 Bergen | Norway

Phone: +47 55 38 30 37| Mobile: +47 988 70 870

Email: lhj@no.columbusit.com | Internet: www.columbusit.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Hi Lars,

Can you please run the snap under the VS debugger and provide the contents of the inner exception?

Thanks,
Tom

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:09 PM
It turns out that the issue on this problem report was that the project was compiled in debug, and when running in debug, the code expects a directory c:\temp in order to write logging information. Either creating this directory, or recompiling the application in Release mode will fix the problem.