Which company SNAP used

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Hi,

How could i choose the AX company when i execute a snap in Excel or Word sheet ? I constat the Snap uses always "CEE" company.

Thanks for your advices.

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Hi,

I’m assuming you are using the Business Data Lookup with AX 2009 – This snap uses the business connector to attach to AX, which by default will connect to the company configured in the client configuration. To change the company, either change the company in your configuration for the user that is using the snap, or you could modify the connection in the AXSnapAdapter class to specify a company, perhaps based on user selection or something, by passing it through on the Logon() method.

Hope that helps,
Tom

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Hello,

I tried to change the company in BC config in client configuration, but I was unable to direct the snap-in to connect to other companies.
Exactly how should I configure the BC config or to refresh the connection that the snap-in uses in order to be able to connect to even different AOS and companies?

Thanks in advance.
Mar 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

I have just the same question as tkh. Unfortunatly it was not responded here.

The Business Data Lookup snap connects to the AOS which was active on the client at the installation time. Is there a possibility to change it afterwards? and how to do it?

Thank you in advance. Kind regards,

Patrick

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Ok.

I have found how to change the AOS: juste use the Microsoft Dynamics AX Configuration Utility and change the Local client configuration. As for the company, the snap uses the default company for the logged user.

I hope this will help ...