Schema Error when submitting Expense Entry

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:27 AM
Hi.

I'm trying to use the Offline Expense Entry snap for AX2009 on this web-site.

I've followed the deployment instructions provided in the word document in the zip file and it
seems to be working, up to the point of submitting the entry to AX.

When I submit the entry, I get an error message saying "Invalid document schema".
It seems that the XML sent from Excel to AX has a ProjStatusId node which is not expected in the
AX web service TrvExpenseService (which I noticed having checked the schema from the
View schema functionality with in AX for the create operation for TrvExpenseService).

Is there something I am missing??
Can anyone help??
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Hi Ryuji,

I apologize we missed your question during the Holiday break...

Can you please unhide the hidden columns on the main sheet, which are just to the right of the expense lines table, and look in the ProjId field of the report you are submitting and let us know what is in that column?
Also, did you apply the XPO on the server with the adjustments to TrvExpenseService?
Finally, what version/sp of AX are you using.

Thanks,
Tom
Jan 19, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.

Here are the answers to your questions.
1. Nothing is set in the ProjId field of the report that I am trying to submit.
2. I did apply the XPO to the TrvExpenseService(which I am assuming is the PrivateProject_Hotfix.xpo in the zip file) on the server, since my server and client are on a single, stand alone machine.
3. I'm using AX2009 without any SPs

Hope you can find a clue as to how I can solve my problem!!

My environment (ex OS@Windows 2003 server, EXCEL) is Japanese. Would this have any ill effects??

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Hi Ryuji,

I believe the reason this is happening is due to a bug in the Add-in. The Add-in generates excel formulas and embeds them into the worksheet. We have hardcoded these formulas into the source code for the snap application, for example, we may embed a formula like "=VLookup(1,MyTable,2)" to reference data on the hidden sheet that contains reference information. Unfortunately, for locales that use a different thousands separator, the format should be "=VLookup(1;MyTable;2)" -- Using semi-colons instead of commas.

This was an oversight in the way that we developed this code...and we have an issue tracking it, and may fix this issue in a future release, but we do not have a timeline for such a fix. I would recommend either expermenting with this code using a locale that uses comma as the thousands separator, or adjusting the code to follow the best practice for localizing this type of formula. You can find information on this type of localization here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa537159%28office.11%29.aspx.

Please let us know if this helps, and if you embark on changing this in the code, please drop me a line to discuss whether you would like to post your chnages back into the snap source code.

Thanks,
Tom (tompat@microsoft.com)