Unable to create proxy

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM

HI,

I am attempting to get the expense snap-in to work but am running into problems.  Having built the app in release mode, and running the spreadsheet locally (having fixed the urls and validating them), when I click on Refresh Master Data it returns the 'unable to create proxy' error.  

Going into VS debug mode, The inner exception is "{"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\\temp\\QWSLOg-Server.csv'."}"  I have created this file (as a simple text file) and given all users full privelages. but I still get this error.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

I am ausing a self-built Dynaimcs box, but the boc contains several companies, with 3 of the companies being exports of data from the Dynamics VPC. 

Thanks in advance.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Oh - me being silly.  I put the temp location on the client as opposed to the server hositng the AIF adn QWS.  temp location created and it now works.  Strange thing is under release it still didnt work??

Also, when I try to select project, none are avaialble, but I know there are several projects on AX for which I should eb abel to assign expenses.  How to get it to work?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hi Obe Wan,

Regarding projects: the projects that will populate in the drop down will be those for which the current user is a team member, and the project is active. Can you please verify that this is the case with the projects you have in your data?

Regarding this not working in release mode: Do you mean when you compile the client under release mode, you cannot refresh data, but when you compile it as debug you can? Please confirm, and we'll see if we can figure out what is happening.

May the force be with you :)

-tom

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Hi Obe Wan,

The retail build shouldn't be looking for the .csv file. Are you getting exceptions when running the reail build?  wrt to Project drop-down, we're filtering the Project based on if the Employee has access to that project.

Please let us know if you're still have problems running the add-in

-alvin

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:18 AM

HI,

Tom and Alvin - thanks for the replies.  I can confirm that the user I am accessing with is an employee on a project and the project is active.  We do however have several companies within our MS dynamics, could this have an effect?

Also re release/debug.  I initially compiled under release mode, and after attempting to run it, I ran into errors - could not get master data.  I decided to debug (ran in debug mode) and that also gave an error when attempting to get master data, but this time, when I looked at the error it said it was because it could not write to the QWSLog-werver.csv.   Placing this on the server allowed it to work, but I still dont get the project info.  I will rebuild under release mode and report back the results.

Thanks.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Hi,

as an update - I still havent maanged to get it to work, although a bit more info to see if anyone can shed more light:

1 - AX is a new build, but the company data and settings are imported from the VPC from MS.

2 - My account on the domain is linked to Emil (employee 3300) from the default VPC data.

3 - Logging in to enter hours for a project, the employee id is filled in and I cna add hous to a project

4 - when opening the spreadsheet, Emil is automatically selected as the user, but the project drop down is still empty...